Wednesday, July 22, 2009

100 Days


Yikes! I just looked at my calendar and realized there are only one hundred days left until Halloween (which means there are eighty-six days left until our Halloween party!) Where does the time go - so much to do and so very little time to do it!

The good news is that I am in full Halloween mode at the moment. This has been due to the unusual weather we've been having in July here in Minnesota. No scorching 100 degree days here (not even 90 degrees... it's barely hit 80!) No, the weather has been very reminiscent of fall, seeming more like football season than baseball. With the mild days and crisp air I have been extremely motivated to work on props, which is a very, very good thing - as I have a tendency to put things off until October.

Now that we are at the one hundred day mark, however, it's time to double my efforts. The weekends in August tend to be busy ones, and autumn truly will be here before I know it. I have a big project under wraps at the moment - my first pneumatic prop - and I can't put it off much longer. The plans have been drawn up, the motors are hacked and ready to go - there are no excuses for not getting this prop completed. More on that as it progresses.

Anyway - it's another early fall day in July (the weather man says this is due to El Nino?) It's very foggy outside and the temperature is holding steady at 52. Who knows - I just might get something done today. For inspiration I just might fill up my new jack-o-lantern coffee mug (pics later) and head on out to the garden to have a look at my pumpkins...

Happy Summertime Haunting!

No comments: