Monday, October 25, 2010

Dead Tired

I'm back after an absolutely exhausting weekend. Our annual Halloween/birthday party went great - we really couldn't have asked for a better day. After a freakishly warm October, the weather-man gave us a grim forecast for Saturday - 55 and rainy. Instead, we got blue skies, abundant sunshine and 70 degrees - an absolutely perfect fall day (as an added bonus I got to watch my beloved Iowa State Cyclones whup up on Texas on television!) We had a great turnout with some fabulous costumes, the haunted house in my garage was a big hit, and all the kids were winners and left with plenty of candy and prizes from our games (Wheel of Fate, Apple Bob, Beanbag Toss, and Pumpkin Seed Spit).

Teardown - on the inside of our house, not the outside graveyard or garage - took ALL DAY yesterday, from 7:00 a.m. until I crashed in bed at 8:00 p.m. But that's what it takes to get ten giant Rubbermaids filled and stored back into the crawlspace. And to think - next week I do it all over again for the outside props! Man, Halloween can be exhausting...

P.S. Pictures to come...

No comments: