Thursday, December 8, 2011

Super Speedo

Remember I had a rant on here not too long ago where I questioned the decision of DC Comics revamping the Man of Steel's suit yet again? Well, turns out that after allowing some time to become used to the new duds, they are slowly starting to grow on me. Who knew? Now that I've seen actor Henry Cavill's red Speedo-less suit for the upcoming SUPERMAN: MAN OF STEEL, and have come across Supe's reworked attire in a few comic books I've brought home for my kids - I start to see that it really kind of makes sense to lose the shorts.

When you think about it, Batman's costume has been in constant flux from the beginning. Robin went through a major overhaul back in the late 80's/early 90's and is still changing for the better. I suppose it's because Superman is such an icon that his suit would seem untouchable, but everything changes - and sometimes those changes are for the better. The shorts, upon reflection, were a proper part of the era (and area) of the times in which he was created - and just like Bats lost his shorts and gray and blue color motif for the black, full-body-armor suit of the movies - I now understand that it's time for Supes to lose his, too.

What say you? Yea or nay on the briefs?

No comments: