Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Garage Sale

Every year our community has a Garage Sale weekend around the middle of May. This is a perfect excuse to drive around town and stock up on ultra cheap Halloween costumes, props, masks, and accessories - and this year was no exception! While I didn't bring in as big of a haul as years past, I did score a couple of great costumes for two bucks. Brand new and still in the package (they look like they have never been worn), I found a scarecrow Ghost Face costume and a Headless Horseman costume that will definitely come in handy come October! My daughter even got into the spirit of things and spent some of her own money to buy dad some Halloween goodies. She picked up one of those motion sensor candy bowls with the electronic 'grabber' hand inside of it for fifty cents - so I'm thinking I might hack that apart and use the hand elsewhere in my haunt - maybe in the graveyard or stick it in the mouth of a jack-o-lantern. It's never too early to start thinking about Halloween!

No comments: