Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Halloween in Tijuana


Halloween in Tijuana, full moon in my eyes
I wonder how in the hell I got here without a disguise...


So the countdown has begun for our next Jimmy Buffett experience. It's been almost six long years since we saw him on his 2003 'Tikki Time' tour. On that excursion we missed out on the fabulous pre-show festivities since my wife was seven months pregnant at the time - we like to tell our daughter that her first concert was Jimmy Buffett! And while there is something to be said for enjoying yourself responsibly, there is nothing quite like tailgating before a Jimmy show. Parrotheads (Buffett faithful) come out in force and everyone is your friend, cousin, or drinking buddy.

Pretty girls they beckon from their rooms above
Skeletons are dancing in the name of love...


We definitely wanted to get in on the act this time around with our own game of chance that peppers the parking lot of any venue Buffett visits. Since we are going with my sister-in-law and her husband - who is an avid golf enthusiast - I thought it would be appropriate to rig up a little putting green in honor of the occasion. My version, called the 'Tin Cup Challenge' (real Parrotheads will get the reference) is built in the true spirit of Jimmy and the lifestyle he promotes. Parrotheads that can thread the needle of obstacles and sink a putt into the tin cup will earn themselves a tasty Jell-O shot.

I hear the people singing that same old haunting tune
I drink because I know it's me against the moon...


While I have been enjoying the unusually cool weather this summer and the keen spark to build Halloween props that comes with it, I have to admit that the putting green was a nice diversion. Seeing Jimmy this Saturday kind of brings the summer to a close for us. While there are a few weeks left of August, after the show we kind of switch gears and go into full Halloween mode...

Yo quiero a bailar en Mexico
We do the desperation samba con nos amigos...


FINS UP!

No comments: