Monday, August 24, 2009

Spiced Pumpkins


My wife keeps amping up the anticipation for autumn with her wonderful purchases. I was surprised to find a deep, cinnamon orange Yankee Candle the other day with the words 'Spiced Pumpkin' printed on it. When I popped off the top, the scents of fall brought visions of red and orange leaves falling off of trees and crunching under foot, kids off to school with backpacks slung over their shoulders, and high school football kicking off under the lights on a Friday night. It smells even better when lit and it really has me motivated to make this the best Halloween ever (it's on a Saturday night - so every effort has to be made to ensure that it IS the best ever!) Great candles like this definitely help...

P.S. Behind the candle is a paper mache skull purchased at Michaels for just a couple of bucks. These make great decorations and are easy for kids to paint if you're looking for a spooky craft project to keep the little ghouls busy. On the right is my new coffee mug - also from Michaels. What can I say - I LOVE this mug! (I'm sipping out of it right now). In the back of the picture are some 'witch jars' I'm working on. The inspiration for these great Halloween decorations come from www.pumpkinrot.com who never ceases to amaze me with his artistry.

No comments: