Sunday, April 4, 2010

Hot Pants


Picked up one of the last missing pieces of my Hammer horror DVD collection for $9.99 at Best Buy yesterday. I've been holding out buying 'Dracula A.D.1972' for quite awhile now. I just couldn't bring myself to spend $40 on e-bay for a schlocky B-movie bloodbath (even if it DOES star my main man Peter Cushing going up against his arch-rival, Christoper Lee, as the groovy, skirt-chasing Count Dracula). Here's the low-down from Wiki...

Unlike earlier films in the Hammer Dracula series, Dracula A.D. 1972 has a present-day (1970s) setting, in an attempt to update the Dracula story for contemporary audiences — Dracula is brought back to life in modern London and preys on a group of young party-goers that includes the descendant of his nemesis, Van Helsing.

Good times all around, right? This film is the predecessor to one of my all-time favorite Hammer vamp pics: 'The Satanic Rites of Dracula,' so I expect great things from this opus. Sad to think I'm running out of Dracula Hammer horror titles to watch, but this is definitely one of the last. After this I have to track down the great (although Lee-less) 'Brides of Dracula' and 'The Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires,' and then who knows where I go from there...

No comments: