Friday, September 24, 2010

Eat, Sleep, Drink, Haunt

Just over a month to go before the big night (and less than an month before our annual Halloween party!) I've got a good start on the garage haunt and really hope to have it mostly completed by the end of this weekend - weather permitting. Unfortunately, the weather has not wanted to cooperate too much in September. It's been cold and dreary and wet (we had ten inches of rain in the past 24 hours!) - but you've got to push through if you want to stay on schedule. More of the same this weekend, so I'll be bundled up with the door half open to keep most of the rain out of the garage.

The inside decorations were pulled out of storage last weekend, and have been slowly going up around the house here and there. It shouldn't take too much to get the inside Halloween-ized for the party - we've got a good head start. The biggest obstacle is getting our annual Halloween poems and invites knocked out this weekend. These have been pushed to the back burner for too long and absolutely, positively HAVE to be finished this weekend. Once these chores are complete it's on to my own costume - and I've also had the urge to enter the Scarecrow Contest at this year's Fall Festival - so that's something to consider as well.

To top it all off, work is continuing at a frantic pace to get the Drive-In up and running in time for its Halloween debut. The snack bar was a shambles and had to basically be rebuilt. The projection booth and our dilapidated screen both need work as well. I've been putting in a lot of overtime to have everything 'just so' when we finally open our gate. Needless to say it's been a busy haunting season - even crazier than years past - which is something I swore I wouldn't repeat. Regardless, I'm enjoying myself and definitely looking forward to having you stop by the Drive-In - I think you'll like what you see.

No comments: