Friday, August 28, 2009

Halloween II


For those who dug the first one, Rob Zombie's follow-up to the ultra violent (yet not-so-scary) 'Halloween' remake 'Halloween II' comes out today. I was not a fan of Zombie's 're-imaging' of John Carpenter's 1978 classic, but I have seen every Halloween movie on the big screen since 'Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers' back in 1988, so I suppose I'll go see this blood soaked hillbilly jamboree.

Zombie claims he was not constrained by the story-line of the original sequel, so this one is all new material. That can either be good or bad when you consider the director. Zombie's movies contain too many redneck psychos for my taste, and in any case it will be hard to live up to the suspense of The Shape chasing Jamie Lee Curtis through the hospital halls on Halloween night. But I will squirm my way through the mayhem, all the while hoping they finally entice Carpenter back for one last Halloween installment.

No comments: