Friday, January 9, 2009

Are you kidding me?


Sick again? So what's the deal with my immune system lately? I have basically had a cold and/or the flu since Thanksgiving, and am now battling my third ferocious cold. To say I have been miserable is an understatement. Add on top of that a winter from Hell here in frosty Minnesota (and we're only just into January!) and I have been one pathetic human being.

Well, at least the holidays are over and all of the hustle and bustle that accompanies it. I enjoyed tremendously the time spent with my family and got some really cool gifts to boot - the best being a reproduction of Edgar Allan Poe's famous poem 'The Raven' in his handwriting on parchment. I begged and pleaded Santa for this gift, and the jolly old elf actually came through! I also picked up the books 'The Unknown Poe' by Raymond Foye, 'The Tales of Beedle The Bard' by J.K. Rowling, and 'Just After Sunset' by Stephen King (for which a review is forthcoming).

All in all, it was a decent Christmas considering everyone and their dog was sick. However, I must admit I'm glad to be home - and can now start focusing my attentions on my top secret project, as well as blue-prints for the upcoming haunting season. Stay tuned for more updates!

No comments: