Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I And Love And You


One foot in and one foot back.
But it don’t pay to live like that.
So I cut the ties and I jumped the track.
For never to return.


It's finally here - today is the day! For fans of The Avett Brothers this is a moment filled with intense excitement and a bit of lingering remorse. We are excited because the Avett's new album: "I And Love And You" is released today. Their first release on a major label, many believe this will be the album that will rocket them from indie poster boys to international stardom.

And therein lies the rub. In granting the boys the acclaim they so rightfully deserve, we must grudgingly accept that they will no longer be playing shows for a small fan base who have been with them from the first. It's like letting go of a child's hand as they take their first, tentative steps into a larger world. Your heart soars, but you know they will never be the same.

Here's hoping The Avett Brothers never change - and here's hoping the postman doesn't let me down in delivering my copy of the album today!

www.theavettbrothers.com

No comments: