Saturday, October 31, 2009

This Is Halloween!


I woke up this morning to the silhouette of barren willow tree branches swaying restlessly in the wind - their stripped arms twisting against the dull orange of a beautiful October sunrise. I feel blessed to be spending this Halloween with my sister and her family - a first for me, as the celebration of All Hallows Eve has been something I have selfishly kept a solitary affair.

The forecast for today calls for cool temperatures and wind - but no rain! This is fortunate as we have had nothing but rain for the past week, and more rain is forecast starting tomorrow. To have this one spot of dry weather sandwiched between days of poring rain feels like the Halloween Gods have smiled down upon me.

I'm looking forward to carving pumpkins, watching old horror movies, eating candy, and prepping for tonight's haunt. I hope everyone out there has a very happy, haunted Halloween!

2 comments:

Aion said...

Mark.. I LOVE your Blog! as a matter of fact I've chosen to feature it on my blog for halloween today. I proflile other blogers and and have "featured" your blog w/a "brief" commentarty for my viewers to enjoy.

Hallowzing said...

Thanks for the feature Aion - it's nice to see someone is actually reading out there. My apologies for the lateness of my reply. We went absolutely 110% over-the-top crazy for Halloween this year (our biggest, most elaborate haunt ever), and I actually suffered from a bit of Halloween burn-out. I'm just now getting back on track and starting plans for this year's haunt. Anyway, thanks for your kind words. See you around the blog!