Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Facelift


It's time.

In fact, it's way beyond time - it's long, long overdue.

The Hallowzing site is finally getting a much needed facelift. They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and that was definitely my intention going into this project. Needless to say, while the similarities between my own site and that of the legendary Pumpkinrot served its purpose, it is time to define this site as my own. In my eyes, I will never live up to the greatness that is Pumpkinrot - but I hope that he saw my site as a tribute of sorts, and not as a blatant rip-off. I really do respect all that he has done for Halloween, and thank him for the inspiration he has given me - while designing this site as well as designing my props in The Workshop.

But the clock-tower has now rung its midnight toll. I promise to continuing revering the memories of Halloweens past - but I also have to move on with a clear vision of Halloween's future. For those who've watched this site over the years, I thank you for your patience and look forward to bringing you a new vision of Halloween in ways you might not have expected. For those who have not yet been enlightened by the majesty that is Pumpkinrot (I can't imagine there are many by now...) Please head over to the one and only, original master of the macabre:

www.pumpkinrot.com

No comments: