Monday, March 7, 2011

Get Your Fix

This week's featured presentation is extra groovy for me as it involves a film made by my good buddy Michael Heagle. A local legend in indie circles and a true gentleman in every sense of the word (for God's sakes don't tell him I said that!) I've known Michael for the better part of a decade - he was once my instructor in school and has been a mentor and confidant ever since. One of the things I dig about Michael - and his films - is that he has a uniquely skewed sense of humor. It sometimes feels like a challenge to be around the guy because you're always feeling like you need to keep up intellectually (don't tell him I said THAT either - I can sense his ego inflating as I type this...)

His film 'Planetfall' is a good example of taking a larger-than-life plot and making it come alive with almost no budget. He's one of those rare individuals who's able to realize a nifty idea with simply a camera, some Goodwill army fatigues, and plenty of ambition. I encourage you to check out his film - if not just for its truly independent spirit, then for my cool cameo I did as an alien in the space bar scene. That's right: I was fortunate enough to be able to visit the set for one day of shooting - and even got to dress the part (I'll leave it to you to guess which bar denizen I am). For more info about Michael and 'Planetfall,' visit:

http://www.michaelheagle.com/media/planetfall/

No comments: