Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Production Update

So things are still moving forward on Drive-In of the Dead's first cinematic endeavor. Moving forward - but seemingly at a snail's pace. I'm not really one for putting the cart before the horse (like doing poster art before there's even a movie to promote); but this production is definitely at the whim of the weather, and mother nature simply isn't cooperating. So now it's practically April and we are a full month behind schedule of where I had hoped to be at this point. Our first teaser trailer is about 75% finished, but most of that was done in the month of February in a freezing (sometimes below freezing) garage.

Now we've come to a point where we simply have to have warmer weather - and no snow! - for the two and a half minute trailer to be completed. In other news, the trailer has thus far been assembled on an IBM computer using Microsoft's woefully inefficient MovieMaker program. Once that is at last completed, I have invested in a refurbished Apple G5 computer that's equipped with Final Cut Pro for the actual movie when we get to that point. I'm pretty excited about this development (I'm an Apple kind of guy) and can't wait to dig in to all the G5 has to offer. However, since the trailer was started on my PC, I feel like I should finish it there - no sense re-doing it all over! So hooking up the Apple for good will just have to wait. Sigh...

I will admit that the art for the above mentioned teaser poster turned out pretty darn good. I'm pleased with how it all came together in Photoshop, besides the fact that even THAT project had to be shot around the huge piles of snow here in Minnesota! The only other thing I have to report is that I've drawn up some official Drive-In of the Dead release forms to hand out to actors, extras, and crew so they can sign on the dotted line and make their effort on our project official. I hope to get the last few shots I needed wrapped up this weekend - it's supposed to be in the 50's on Saturday! - and then do some minor editing and tweaking to the trailer before it makes its debut.

Stay tuned...

No comments: