What a weekend! The past two days have been a whirlwind of activity; I got more Halloween related projects done in the last 48 hours than the past two months combined. Here is a partial list of things that were accomplished:
1. Graveyard fence posts have been spray painted black.
2. Halloween Poems are 90% completed - a huge job that involved folding, tying, writing, and more.
3. Soffit and area above the kitchen cabinets have been cleaned and partially decorated - kudos to my wife for this!
4. Garage has been picked up and swept.
5. Found more blue foam core while on a walk - my kids held onto it in the wagon while I pulled it home - they were confused but excited to help.
6. Printed out name/date stencils for blue foam core, exacto-ed them and Dremeled three out of four of them.
7. Gave all the new gravestones a coat of primer.
All of this on top of following along on the internet as Iowa State whupped up on Kent State, watching 'Frankenweenie' with my daughter, battling the crowds at Mantorville's Marigold Days (for lunch on Saturday and a parade on Sunday), having a bonfire Saturday night - brrr! - mowing the lawn, doing dishes and laundry and other various household chores here and there, as well as poopy diapers, etc. It was a great weekend - the kind that I live for, and boy was it nice to crack open a cold Jack's Pumpkin Spice Ale as a reward for all the hard work.
Only 53 days left until Halloween (40 until the party!) and the clock is ticking...