Thursday, June 2, 2011

Bottomed Out

I had already thought the paranormal reality show craze had bottomed out with SyFy's incredibly lame 'Ghost Academy,' but now I think it definitely has with their latest ghostly offering: 'Haunted Collector.' Ranking right up there with 'Paranormal State' on A&E for boring non-evidence nonsense, 'Haunted Collector' is yet another attempt to cash in on the popularity of 'Ghost Hunters,' which itself is suffering from a noticeable lack of entertainment value (and genuine evidence). I can't believe I'm going to say this, but the three (well two for sure) over-the-top, "Dude!" guys who host 'Ghost Adventures' on the Travel channel have consistently brought genuine creepiness and impressive evidence, and the great 'Psychic Kids' on A&E is sorely missed - I hope it gets renewed for another season - because boring paranormal fluff like 'Haunted Collector' seems too contrived to hold my attention for very long.

No comments: