Sunday, January 2, 2011

Lights, Camera...

So my partner in crime, MetDeath, and myself were talking over the holidays about how much fun it would be to create our own little horror short to show on our screen. We hashed out the difficulties presented in such an endeavor (with two kids a piece, doing anything creative is always a strectch...) But in the end we agreed that this is something we should definitely move forward with. As movie buffs and fans of the horror genre, this seems like it would be a really fun project. I've already started jotting down a few ideas and might even storyboard a few shots that I know I'd like to achieve (but don't expect Kubrick here - more like Ed Wood I would say!)

This is nothing to be taken seriously - simply a cool little experiment in filmmaking that, if nothing else, will serve to illustrate just how complex making a motion picture can be - and will give us a better appreciation of the movies we review here at the Drive-In. This 'no-budget' project can't possibly begin until late spring, and as we're hip-deep in snow at the moment, I can't even attempt at getting a head start. Stay tuned for more updates on this project as we move forward in the coming months.

No comments: