Monday, September 19, 2011

Poe Speak

So I recently booked my first speaking engagement for MODERN POE: VOL I. I'm actually pretty excited about it, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't more than a little nervous. Many people do not know that Edgar Allan Poe was actually an excellent orator who gave popular lectures (or not, depending on his mood) later in his life. This is something we do not share. Like the majority of the American public, the thought of public speaking sends my knees knocking. There are about a thousand other things I can think of that I'd rather be doing than standing in front of a crowd of strangers and talking for approximately an hour.

Unless, of course, I'm passionate about the subject matter. And - as anyone who knows me can attest - I am extremely passionate about the life and times of Edgar Allan Poe. This should make for a fun and enlightening night of conversation as we talk about MODERN POE: VOL I, the man, his legacy, and his words. More details to come as the date approaches! To pick up your own copy of MODERN POE: VOL I, simply click on the link below to visit my e-store: https://www.createspace.com/3610670

No comments: